Monday, October 31, 2011

NaNoWriMo--It's Happening

Maybe it's the Halloween parade raging outside (we've heard tunes ranging from "Thriller" to "Shipoopi" from The Music Man, plus enough rabid screaming to fill three Justin Bieber concerts) but I succumbed to crazy and signed up for NaNoWriMo again.  A discussion prompt in the 7th grade English class in my room this morning made a YA dystopian world spring into my head in all its glory. 

So, I'm SilversteinELA over there--and totally confused about how to do the whole Writing Buddy thing (I guess maybe it's not working right now?) but excited to figure it out.  I will try for the goal, of course, but really I'll be pleased with myself if I can top last year's ~7,500 words.   10,000 would feel really good--that would mean that I sat down and wrote every day, even if it was just 300 and change words per day.  Anything after that is icing.  (I recently read, and loved, It's Not a Sprint, It's A Marathon--a dead simple reminder that the important thing is finding a writing habit that you can stick to, so while I will use NaNoWriMo as a kickstart, I think really I will be going for more of a marathon speed.)

Ok everyboday--Allons-y!  Time to write in T-2:30!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by! Please chime in!