Things I will not miss:
- "Siri, set my alarm for 5:52 a.m."
- Spending, by a conservative accounting, 11.1 FULL DAYS of my life each school year riding the F train. (that's 16,000 minutes. Not exactly a song from Rent but not chump change either. Over the last three years? That means I've spent about a month on the train.)
- The pipes in our ancient, gorgeous-on-the-outside school building. No one should have to rejoice, on the last day of a job, that they are filling up their last bottle of possibly toxic water.
- My smart, hard-working, supportive colleagues.
- My often-strange, always-wonderful students.
- All the reading time the F train provided me!
And now, to celebrate, here are my two picks for June Book of the Month! I haven't had time for Road Trip Wednesday in a while, but this was a great month of reading.
In a nutshell, though: Enchanted is a really clever, lovely trip into the universes of several beloved fairytales, married so seamlessly that it feels like the real truth has finally been revealed. Girl of Fire and Thorns is a gripping fantasy about a girl who has been chosen for a destiny she's never felt ready for. I highly recommend them both.