Tuesday, June 26, 2012

For Posterity



They did it!  My seniors graduated today.  This was our school's first graduating class, so it was a pretty huge day for everyone.  AND, I had a small personal victory in that I did not cry at graduation!

That said, tomorrow is the last day of school, and I can no longer put off the moment when I won't see my kids again.  I mean, I'll come back for school plays and graduation and things, but I won't be able to just throw books at them or see them run off to Barnes & Noble on release days.

But hey: email, right? 

Also, because I have the coolest students ever, I'm going to be reading Great Expectations with them over the summer, with all of us sharing thoughts by email.  I'm thinking of setting up a separate blog for some of my thoughts on that book as we go through it chapter by chapter; if I do, I'll post the link here if anyone wants to read along with us. 

So it's really not goodbye.  But it's certainly something.

Ok, if you're still with me after all those EMOTIONS, then here's something cool.  You've earned it.  (Yes, cooler than a Doctor Who gif.  Really.)

Jaime Morrow is having a giveaway to celebrate Canada Day (how uncharacteristic of our two countries that Canada's big celebration of itself is named after itself, while ours is modestly named after the date.  That's so not like us!) which is coming up on July 1st.  The winner gets to choose from a long list of books by awesome Canadian authors, so check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the mention! :D So, Great Expectations is totally on my Conquering the Classics list. I might have to get to it this summer so we can swap thoughts. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by! Please chime in!