Yay! I've received the Liebster Award from Marcie Colleen at The Write Routine! I really like the idea behind this award: it's for blogs with fewer than 200 followers, to help get the word out!
So, before I share this with some of my fellow bloggers, I'm meant to share five things about myself:
|This is the backyard of our house. Yes, it was beautiful. But. 37 other people.|
|Find this candy bar. Now.|
|Who took the picture? Why, our new friend, the cabbie.|
[No Photo Available...]
5) I have performed the following embarrassing numbers in front of my classes: Gold Digger (rap) and the Dougie (dance). Both times students laughed so hard other faculty members came running to see if everything was ok. They were not laughing with me, except that I was also laughing...at me.
Ok, now to pass the award along!
1) Jaime Morrow at Jaime Reading and Writing, who is a friendly and encouraging blog pal, and who is always one step ahead of my TBR list!
2) Kristen Pelfrey at Kristen Pelfrey Writes, who writes about teaching with a clarity and honesty that I really admire.
3) Colin D. Smith, who is a tireless advocate for all the things he loves, including Doctor Who, Divergent, and Scott Westerfeldt's Leviathan trilogy (excellent taste, no?)
4) Jim Randolph at Teacher Ninja, who I discovered through a recent comment challenge, and whose blog totally fascinates me because being a school/children's librarian is like, the secret dream I keep where most people keep their dreams of playing pro sports and winning American Idol, and he makes it seem exactly that cool.
5) Bailey Hammond at Over Yonder..., who has excellent taste in books (read: is also a fan of The Scorpio Races) and hobbies (read: oh Bailey why did you have to blog about Skyrim, now I am going to have to PLAY it, there goes spring break...)