Saturday, March 15, 2014

A Long Time Ago...We Used To Be Friends

Still here!  I'm just stupid-busy at school (took on an extra, brand-new, never-before-taught-by-me class this trimester with about two weeks notice!  These are the things that keep me on my toes and honestly, I love having the opportunity to dive into new things, but whew--it's a lot of work!) and so not doing much blogging or reading of YA at the moment.

HOWEVER--I have to mark the occasion of the Veronica Mars movie!  Mr. S and I drove all the way up to Waterloo, ON (that's Canada, for those of you not conversant in province abbreviations!) because it wasn't playing in Buffalo.

I won't say anything spoilery, except that I remain Team Piz and pretty much got what I expected from that quarter.  (Also, hello Wallace.  You grew up nice.)  But it was a great time, well worth the wait, and totally sets up a whole new bunch of stories that I hope Rob Thomas will get to tell!

2 comments:

  1. Jess! Happy to hear things are going well despite how busy you are. We've missed you!
    I have no idea if Veronica Mars was showing anywhere near here. It wasn't in our city, so I just watched it on iTunes and I wasn't disappointed. I have to say, I'm not really on Team Piz or Team Logan in particular. I would have been happy with either outcome, I think. I really hope that this spawns more Veronica Mars, whether that's on TV or in theatres. Also, I think it's pretty cool that you drove up to Canada to see it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jess! That's too funny you guys had to drive up to Canada to see the movie. Believe it or not, I'd never watched an episode of Veronica Mars until last night. With all the movie hype, the hubby and I thought we'd check it out and, not surprisingly, we're enjoying it. It's always great to find a new/old show to watch. Hope teaching is continuing to go well and that you can squeeze in some relaxation time somewhere! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by! Please chime in!