Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Life Happens!

Just a quick note to say that I'm sorry I haven't been as active either posting or commenting as usual in the last week or so--this weekend, I took a whirlwind trip from my home in New York to a dear friend's wedding in California.  Wheels up to wheels down, the whole thing was about 54 hours long, full of ocean and West Coast fast food and dancing and jet lag.

Plus, NaNoWriMo!  I doubled my word count today--it's still pitiful, but things are starting to spark and flow.  I posted an excerpt on my profile--I'm interested in what questions people have or what they're curious about, so feel free to NaNoMail me or post comments here.  I'm having a lot of fun thinking about these characters but I feel like the world isn't very fleshed out yet.

To those of you who are actually making the kind of progress that will get you to 50,000--I am deeply, deeply impressed.  To those of you who are going more my speed--keep going!  Every word is a win!  And to those of you working on other projects--may the work ethic that NaNo is meant to inspire enter your hearts to a much greater degree than it has mine!

I'll be back on schedule tomorrow, making the rounds of RTW!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by! Please chime in!