Thursday, December 1, 2011

RTW again? Already? ...and late?

Wow, no posts between last RTW and this one.  And technically, it has become RTThursday.  I don't even know what happened to me, honestly.  It took me ten minutes to remember where I was on Friday, because I realize that I missed Friday Fives (I was at my in-laws' house, because it was the day after Thanksgiving.  I legit just forgot that for a little while.)

And somehow, even though this prompt is always the same, it always catches me unprepared.

What is the best book you read in November?

I read some doozies this month:  Before I Fall, by Lauren Oliver and If I Stay by Gayle Forman were both pretty great, but completing my trilogy of [SPOILER!  SPOILER ALERT!] car-crash novels was the real stand-out, Looking For Alaska by John Green.  It absolutely demolished me in a way a book hasn't done in a while.


And now, November is over, and we are on to December.  A new marking period is starting soon, it's almost Christmas, and one of my classes just finished a very big and onerous project.  I started a project I'm really excited about during NaNoWriMo, and even though I didn't make NaNo-speed progress on it, I'm feeling good about it.  Onward and upward!

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the project started during NaNo! I too am super excited about my shiny new-ish project but was unable to match NaNo speed. Ah well. The point is that we have projects we are excited about to work on, right?

    I have John Green's An Abundance of Katherines sitting on my bedside table waiting to be read :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. BEFORE I FALL is on my TBR list. Definitely.

    And Jaime, you have to read AN ABUNDANCE OF KATHERINES--right after you've read LEVIATHAN. Okay? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by! Please chime in!