Wednesday, February 6, 2013

RTW: Best January Read

Annnnnnd...it's already like a week into February.  Say what?

January flew by--I started a new job (which I'm loving!) and road tripped with Mr. S three weekends in a row. (And then I kicked off February by traveling back to New York City for SCBWI, which I promise to blog about just as soon as I catch up on...everything.)  All of that was fun, but I am super excited for this coming weekend, where we can hang out at home and go grocery shopping and cook together and just do normal stuff. 

And now, for Road Trip Wednesday!

This Week's Topic is: What's the best book you read in January?

Somehow, in that crazy month, I read fifteen books!  Many of them were for the Cybils (finishing up my last Cybils read today; I'll conspire deliberate with my fellow judges soon and the winners will be announced on Valentine's Day!) and several were for the new job, but I still managed to sneak in a few titles I'd been dying to read.  And one of those was my favorite of the month!




This book made me laugh and it made my heart hurt.  It's like Veronica Mars meets The Golden Compass.  I mean, really.  My full review is here.

Please check out my February Compliment Challenge--if you compliment someone this month, I will donate on your behalf to Donors Choose!

8 comments:

  1. I am sooooo tired today. Wanna know why? Because I was up reading UNSPOKEN till an ungodly hour of the morning. I just could not put it down. I started reading really late, but still. Tonight, I'm definitely getting an earlier start. Loving this one so far, and I can see why you picked it as your best read of the month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes! Unspoken is amazing! I adore Sarah Rees Brennan's books. I am so excited for book 2, especially as I read it's going to have other characters POV, including Holly's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh, this cover is KILLER! I might have to check it out, thanks! Sounds like you had a busy but fun January! Can't wait to hear about SCBWI!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the cover so much--go out and get it now, I've heard rumors the cover is changing, I think? On the one hand, the UK cover is great, because yay POC on book covers...but on the other hand, I prefer a cover with NO people on it nine times out of ten. And this one is beautiful.

      Delete
  4. I haven't read this one yet, but I might need to look it up! And I agree with Daisy, I want to hear about SCBWI :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for coming by! Please chime in!