Thursday, November 14, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude: Oven Window

Because I want to get back into the habit of blogging, and because I've been meaning to do this for a few years now, I will be doing 30 consecutive days of blog posts focusing on 30 different things I am grateful for.  Who says Thanksgiving is only one day a year?

This one is so simple but SO exciting.  In our last two apartments--so, for my entire adult life--our oven doors have not had windows.  I never considered that an oven might not have a window, or what effect that would have on my baking, but holy GEEZ was it frustrating to have to open the oven door--which wreaks havoc with oven temps--to check on baked goods.  Now, I just switch on the oven light and peer right in.  

Since I tend to binge bake--like the seven dozen cookies I baked last night (five dozen for the school play concession stand; two dozen that kind of melted into flat, weird-looking sheets that my husband and I have been nibbling on but aren't fit for public consumption)--the oven window brings me a huge amount of joy and gratitude.  I'm almost grateful that I didn't have one for so long, because I love this one so much as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by! Please chime in!