Monday, November 11, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude: Veterans

Because I want to get back into the habit of blogging, and because I've been meaning to do this for a few years now, I will be doing 30 consecutive days of blog posts focusing on 30 different things I am grateful for.  Who says Thanksgiving is only one day a year?

Since today is Veteran's Day, it only seems right that I should stop and give thanks for the men and women who have served (and are currently serving) our country.   I am particularly grateful that my friends and family who have served have, so far, remained safe.  I am also grateful to the military families whose lives are subject to far more change and stress than I can imagine taking on, but who bravely support the servicemen and women in their lives.  (Katy, I'm looking at you!) 

(I am, of course, also thankful for the day off.  But I am thinking about the men and women we honor today as I go about my business.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by! Please chime in!