Monday, November 4, 2013

30 Days of Gratitude: Veronica Mars and Welcome to Nightvale

Because I want to get back into the habit of blogging, and because I've been meaning to do this for a few years now, I will be doing 30 consecutive days of blog posts focusing on 30 different things I am grateful for.  Who says Thanksgiving is only one day a year?

Oops--four days in and I've already missed a day!  Well, I have an excuse: we're getting ready to move (more on that in a future post!) and we spent the weekend packing.  So today's post is a double, to make up for yesterday's goof-up.


Today I'm grateful for the TV show Veronica Mars and the podcast Welcome to Nightvale.  Both of them made a long weekend a lot more fun.

Source


Like the rest of the internet, we contributed to the Kickstarter to fund the Veronica Mars movie, and some of the backer updates made me impatient to re-watch the series.  It's great storytelling and makes hours of packing fly by.  (In a nutshell, if you're not already a fan: Veronica is a teenage private eye with a razor wit and unstoppable skills.  Watch if you like humor, great family relationships, messed-up family relationships, scheming, class tensions, high school stories, smart procedurals, witty repartee, bad boys, or good television.)

Source


Also like the rest of the internet, Mr. S and I have been listening to and loving the creepy-goofy-strange-delightful podcast Welcome to Nightvale.  We started over the summer so we're still getting caught up but we just listened to their one-year anniversary show and all I can say is: EEEEEEEEE!  (Listen if you like Edward Gorey, public radio, adorable crushes, glow clouds that rain animals and emit feelings of crushing despair, floating cats, two-headed quarterbacks, hating the next town over, or stellar continuity.  Also, DO NOT GO NEAR THE DOG PARK.  DO NOT LOOK AT THE DOG PARK.)

I am grateful for both Veronica Mars and Welcome to Nightvale--grateful that they exist, that I have access to them, and that someone convinced me to try them out.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for coming by! Please chime in!